Remote Recording Instructions
- Find an external microphone (NOT built in to your computer). If you do not have one, let us know and we can work something out. You will need headphones or earbuds. Otherwise, you cannot talk to us and hear us at the same time! A headset (combination microphone and headphones) may be acceptable.
- Get on a good internet connection if possible.
- Install Skype, https://www.skype.com/en/ (Please email us your username and we will call you at the appropriate time)
- Log into Skype and pick up when I call at the prearranged time. Then, I will walk you through the following process: In Skype Call menu, choose Audio Settings. Make sure the box that says “Automatically Adjust Microphone Settings” is NOT checked. Change the “Microphone” drop-down to your external microphone so that the “Volume” bar turns green when you talk (make sure it is NOT set to your internal microphone). Choose your headphones in the “Speaker” drop-down. Click the blue “Play” button next to the “Volume” bar for the “Speakers”. You should be able to hear a Skype dial tone in your headphones.
- If you have ANY questions about this, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help out!
Thank you for going through these steps so we can put out episodes with high quality audio. The listeners really do appreciate it!